Monday 19 July 2010

LIBRARIES AND TWITTER




By Richard Jay Parker


Apologies for the tardy blog. Am unable to write my planned blog at the moment. Hoped to deliver it Friday but will hopefully will be able to do this at the end of this week.


Instead I just thought I'd point you in the direction of two online articles. The first I found in The Bookseller and touches upon my recent blog about libraries and how they need our support. It's depressing reading and emphasises the need for this support before we lose something we take for granted. Read the article HERE


I noticed it also being tweeted by other writers today. To redress the balance so it's not all doom and gloom here's a link to an article about something more positive and another pet subject - Twitter itself. Interesting reading. Read the article HERE


Will catch you up on Friday.




2 comments:

  1. Not happy to read the Isle of Wight are reviewing their libraries. I use at least 3 of the libraries on the Island and they all seem to me to be very healthy and busy. I actively encourage friends to use the library but often met with 'can't be bothered to join, can't read the book in time' ' can never find anything to read etc. Ryde Library in particular is great - friendly service and the latest books and best sellers available soon after publication. Please use your local library - they are more than just books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know over here in florida its becoming a problem for readers to get to a library due to limited hours. If you work full time you can forget about getting to a library. I would think if they expanded their hours back up then the librarys would serve alot more people. I miss being able to go to the library. I spent alot of my youth there.

    ReplyDelete