Thursday 1 October 2009

The Icing on the Cake

I'm just back from Havant Literary Festival, my first festival as an author. We stayed at Brookfields Hotel in Emsworth, a short walk from the sea - highly recommended .
I was fortunate to have a very receptive audience for my talk at the Literary Festival. They were generous in their comments about Cut Short and probing in their questions about my experience as an author.
Lucy, the festival organiser, and Tim at Nineveh Bookshop made us feel very welcome and all in all I thoroughly enjoyed my first appearance at a literary festival in my new guise as Author.
And the icing on the cake? Here's a photo of the 'literary cake' Tim gave me as we were leaving - a cake decorated with a tiny book made out of rice paper. Almost too good to eat . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment